Indian Bean Curry
Bean curry seasoned with Indian flavors served over basmati rice.
Suggested Price: $4.99
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Yield: 20 servings, one cup each
- 1 package Santiago® Seasoned Vegetarian Beans with Whole Beans
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 qts water, boiling (190°-212°F)
- 14-1/2 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 qts Basmati rice
- Garnish: Roughly chopped mint and/or cilantro
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and toast, stirring constantly, until seeds begin to “pop”, about 1 min.
- Stir in onion, ginger, curry and chili flakes, cooking until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Stir in water, Santiago® Seasoned Vegetarian Beans with Whole Beans, and tomato; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until beans are fully hydrated, about 20 min. Hold for service.
- For plating, place half-cup of prepared Basmati rice in a soup bowl and top with half-cup curry sauce. Garnish with mint and/or cilantro leaves.