Limited time offer introductions have exploded – 76%! 1
- 75% of consumers state that LTOs give them the chance to try new menu items and ingredients.2
- Nearly 50% of consumers say they ordered an LTO menu item within the past month.2
- 66% of patrons have indicated that they are more likely to order an LTO if it contains a seasonal flavor.3
- 68% of consumers say that LTOs featuring seasonal ingredients are of interest.3
Seasonal Fit for Your LTO
Check out these restaurant trends and see how potatoes and beans are the perfect seasonal fit for your LTOs.
A Seasonal LTO with Basic American Foods potatoes and beans will increase consumer traffic and drive incremental sales for your operation.
- One-third of consumers report that their flavor preferences change with the seasons.
- 59% of consumers are more likely to order foods described as seasonal.4
- 54% would be willing to pay more for seasonal foods.5
- 82% of Americans indicated that they are open to trying new flavors.6
Consumers are yearning for a change when they dine out. That’s why the most effective menus highlight LTOs using seasonal ingredients.
1. Use your menu as a sales tool!
- Start by using menu descriptions to your advantage
- Utilize flavor-enticing words like “Seasonal,” “Fresh” and “local”
- Promote the local farms where you purchase your ingredients/Connect customers to the source of their food
2. Call out LTO/Seasonal on the menu using an insert or graphic design.
3. Ensure all staff members know the LTO/Seasonal Special. They are your sales team!
4. Use social media to attract and entice customers where they spend the most time – online.
1 Datassential/IFMA: Consumer Planning Program 2015
2 Technomic, MenuMonitor 2015
3 Datassential/IFMA: Consumer Planning Program 2013
4 Mintel, 2013
5 Technomic, Consumer Trend Report, 2013
6 Innovation on the Menu Flavor Trends, 2014