Chicken Cantina Bowl
- 1 pouch Santiago® Refried Beans, prepared
- 1 cup Sour cream or crema
- 4 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2½ lbs Chicken breast or thigh, cooked and diced
- 3 each Corn (about 3 cups kernels)
- ½ each Red onion, diced small (about 1 cup)
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare beans according to package directions.
- Add sour cream and 2 tablespoons lime juice to beans. Hold warm.
- Roast corn over an open burner flame until charred but not burnt, rotating frequently, about 5 min. Cut corn off cob and put kernels into a large mixing bowl. (If using frozen kernels, place defrosted kernels on a baking sheet and roast at 400°F until browned, about 10 min.)
- Add diced red onion, cilantro and remaining lime juice to roasted corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Bowl assembly: In an individual serving bowl, add 1 cup crema-lime refried beans, ½ cup chicken, ⅓ cup roasted corn salsa and 1 teaspoon cilantro.