Grilled Romaine & Potato Trio
- 1 carton Potato Pearls® Extra Rich Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 3 cups Pesto, prepared
- 2 cups Garlic, shaved thinly
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 35 each Romaine hearts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 qt Balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 cup Red peppers, roasted, sliced thinly
- Prepare Potato Pearls® Extra Rich Mashed Potatoes according to package directions. After 10 min. divide into 3 separate containers, keep warm.
- Add pesto to first mashed container, stir well. Keep warm.
- In a medium pot on low heat, add shaved garlic and olive oil and cook until garlic is golden brown, 5-7 min., strain garlic chips and reserve. Mix roasted garlic oil into second mashed container, keep warm.
- Brush the romaine hearts with vinaigrette, reserving extra. Place face down on a preheated grill for 1 min., until grill marks appear. Remove from the grill, chop into thirds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine roasted peppers with remaining balsamic vinaigrette.
- To serve, place 3-oz of pesto mash, 3-oz of plain mash and 3-oz of garlic mash onto a plate.
- Over the plain mashed, place 2-oz of roasted pepper and balsamic mixture.
- Place 1 piece of chopped lettuce over each pile of mashed.
- Garnish with crispy pieces of shaved garlic, drizzle the place with 1 Tbsp. of the balsamic from the roasted peppers and ½ Tbsp. of the roasted garlic oil.