Vanilla Pecan Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pch Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Recipe Mashed Potatoes*
- 3-1/2 qts water, hot (170°-190°F)
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups pecans, toasted, chopped
- Prepare Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Recipe Mashed Potatoes according to package directions using 3-1/2 quarts of water instead of 4. Set aside.
- Heat butter, cream and vanilla in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and butter has melted. Do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir butter mixture into potatoes with a whisk or a heavy spoon until fully incorporated.
- Spread toasted pecans evenly across top of mashed potatoes and serve.
*May use any Potato Pearls® Mashed Potatoes.